Ordering a repeat prescription
If you think you may need a new prescription for medicine, please make an appointment with the doctor.
Repeat prescriptions can be ordered 24/7 using our Online Services. Please ask at reception to register for these services.
You can order a repeat prescription in person, by telephoning the Prescription Odering Direct (POD) service on 024 7624 6072 or via our Online Services
- Repeat prescriptions are normally for patients with long-term conditions who receive regular treatment.Your doctor will explain the repeat prescription system upon beginning regular treatment.
- Please provide the exact drug names wherever possible.
- Please allow at least 24 hours after submitting your request before collecting your prescription from the surgery or your chosen chemist. If using our online form, please allow 48 hours.
- Your doctor will review all repeat prescriptions regularly.
- Patients with some chronic illnesses such as diabetes, hypertension, heart disease and asthma will be seen regularly for monitoring of their condition.
- Please tell us of any changes to your repeat prescription list made at the hospital or if you stop any medication by yourself
- Do not stockpile unwanted drugs at home – return them to your chemist
Other ways to order
If the doctor has agreed for you to have a repeat prescription, you may request repeat medication:
Please allow at least 48 hours for us to process your request.
Please book a medication review appointment when advised to do so.
This facility is only for items of repeat medication that have been agreed with your GP. We are unable to issue items not on repeat prescription via this facility